Goods train derails in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Rail traffic was disrupted on the busy Lucknow-Sitapur-Delhi route after six wagons of a goods train derailed in Uttar Pradesh, police said on Saturday. No casualty was reported.
The derailment took place near Sitapur railway station, some 80 km from Lucknow, on Friday night.
"Rail tracks have been damaged. The operation to restore the affected route might end by today (Saturday) noon," said Government Railway Police (GRP) inspector Brijesh Singh.
"Long-distance trains are being diverted through other routes. The exact cause behind the derailment is yet to be ascertained," he added.
The train carrying rice was coming from Punjab and was headed to Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!