Goods train derails in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Rail traffic was disrupted on the busy Lucknow-Sitapur-Delhi route after six wagons of a goods train derailed in Uttar Pradesh, police said on Saturday. No casualty was reported.
The derailment took place near Sitapur railway station, some 80 km from Lucknow, on Friday night.
"Rail tracks have been damaged. The operation to restore the affected route might end by today (Saturday) noon," said Government Railway Police (GRP) inspector Brijesh Singh.
"Long-distance trains are being diverted through other routes. The exact cause behind the derailment is yet to be ascertained," he added.
The train carrying rice was coming from Punjab and was headed to Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport