Goods train derails in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Rail traffic was disrupted on the busy Lucknow-Sitapur-Delhi route after six wagons of a goods train derailed in Uttar Pradesh, police said on Saturday. No casualty was reported.
The derailment took place near Sitapur railway station, some 80 km from Lucknow, on Friday night.
"Rail tracks have been damaged. The operation to restore the affected route might end by today (Saturday) noon," said Government Railway Police (GRP) inspector Brijesh Singh.
"Long-distance trains are being diverted through other routes. The exact cause behind the derailment is yet to be ascertained," he added.
The train carrying rice was coming from Punjab and was headed to Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks
- Biopic should be made on PT Usha, says Sonam Kapoor