Goods train derails in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Rail traffic was disrupted on the busy Lucknow-Sitapur-Delhi route after six wagons of a goods train derailed in Uttar Pradesh, police said on Saturday. No casualty was reported.
The derailment took place near Sitapur railway station, some 80 km from Lucknow, on Friday night.
"Rail tracks have been damaged. The operation to restore the affected route might end by today (Saturday) noon," said Government Railway Police (GRP) inspector Brijesh Singh.
"Long-distance trains are being diverted through other routes. The exact cause behind the derailment is yet to be ascertained," he added.
The train carrying rice was coming from Punjab and was headed to Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video