Google search will show Badaun-type incidents in other places too: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Under intense criticism over Badaun gang-rape and murder incident, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday said a Google search would show such crimes occurring across the country.
Yadav made the assertion as he accused the media of playing up incidents taking place in UP.
"When such incidents occur it is publicised a lot...Such incidents don`t occur only in UP and if I give you statistics across the country you will again ask me questions.
It`s Google era. If you go online and check you will see where else such incidents occur," he told reporters after a Cabinet meeting.
The Chief Minister raised a question as to whether the national media highlighted a similar crime in Bangalore in the same manner as the Badaun case.
"When a similar crime happened in Bangalore, did the national media broadcast the story they way they highlighted the UP case. Incidents are taking place in Madhya Pradesh. I have got information that chain of a member of a big minister was snatched near her home.”
Rajasthan is before you. Only UP is visible and this is more visible to cunning people," he added.
Yadav said the state government has taken action whether it is the Badaun case or any other similar incidents.
"Badaun or any other incidents in the state, the government has taken stern action on them. In Badaun whatever steps the government could take, it took. Decision on CBI inquiry has also been taken. Wherever incident took place in the state, action has been taken," Akhilesh said.
On June one, Akhilesh snapped at a reporter in Kanpur when he asked about the law and order situation in the state against the backdrop of the Badaun case and the Azamgarh gang-rape incident.
"I hope you have not faced any danger," shot back Akhilesh.
When the journalist said, "No", the Chief Minister`s response was, "Thank you. You should propagate this."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!