Google search will show Badaun-type incidents in other places too: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Under intense criticism over Badaun gang-rape and murder incident, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday said a Google search would show such crimes occurring across the country.
Yadav made the assertion as he accused the media of playing up incidents taking place in UP.
"When such incidents occur it is publicised a lot...Such incidents don`t occur only in UP and if I give you statistics across the country you will again ask me questions.
It`s Google era. If you go online and check you will see where else such incidents occur," he told reporters after a Cabinet meeting.
The Chief Minister raised a question as to whether the national media highlighted a similar crime in Bangalore in the same manner as the Badaun case.
"When a similar crime happened in Bangalore, did the national media broadcast the story they way they highlighted the UP case. Incidents are taking place in Madhya Pradesh. I have got information that chain of a member of a big minister was snatched near her home.”
Rajasthan is before you. Only UP is visible and this is more visible to cunning people," he added.
Yadav said the state government has taken action whether it is the Badaun case or any other similar incidents.
"Badaun or any other incidents in the state, the government has taken stern action on them. In Badaun whatever steps the government could take, it took. Decision on CBI inquiry has also been taken. Wherever incident took place in the state, action has been taken," Akhilesh said.
On June one, Akhilesh snapped at a reporter in Kanpur when he asked about the law and order situation in the state against the backdrop of the Badaun case and the Azamgarh gang-rape incident.
"I hope you have not faced any danger," shot back Akhilesh.
When the journalist said, "No", the Chief Minister`s response was, "Thank you. You should propagate this."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'