Gorakhpur: 2 members of Ravi Pujari gang arrested
Lucknow: Two suspected members of Ravi
Pujari gang were arrested from Gorakhpur district in Uttar
Pradesh, STF sources said here on Friday.
Riyaz Sheikh and Birzu Gupta were arrested last night
by the Special Task Force following a tip off. Two 9 mm
pistols, four magazines and a number of cartriges were seized
from their possesion, they said.
During interrogation, both of them said that they
were working for Mumbai gangster Ravi Pujari.
They used to arrange fire arms for the gang from Bihar
and also recruited youths from eastern UP, the sources said.
Police are probing their links in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok