Gorakhpur MP Yogi Adityanath receives threat letter
Gorakhpur: Firebrand BJP MP Yogi
Adityanath and some others have received a "threatening
letter" allegedly from `Jaish-e-Mohammad` terror outfit,
police said today.
The letter, addressed to the Director General of Police,
was received on Friday and was sent through speed post by one
Mujahideen Siddiqui, who identified himself as an active
member of `Jaish-e-Mohammad`, they said.
Though police traced the address on the envelope, it was
found to be fake, they said, adding further investigation is
"Security for Yogi Adityanath and the famous Gorakhnath
Temple here has been tightened following the threat," Deputy
Inspector General (DIG) Aseem Arun said.
Similar threatening letters were also received by local
BJP MP Radha Mohan Das Agrawal, Archana Tomar (advocate,
Lucknow), Sureshwar Singh (MLA, Mahsi, Bahraich), Prakash
Verma (Bajrang Dal, Kanpur) and Divya Giri (Lucknow), sources
Meanwhile, Adityanath said he would not bow down to such
threats and would continue to work for "national integration".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Myanmar census data undercuts Buddhist hardliner claims
- WATCH: Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif, ex-president Pervez Musharraf flirted with this girl?
- What's cooking? Farah Khan's 'do anmol ratan' Ranveer Singh, Anil Kapoor spill madness at shoot
- EXCLUSIVE: This is what Kashmiri children think about India – Must watch video
- US-backed forces give IS '48 hours' to leave Syria's Manbij