Gorakhpur MP Yogi Adityanath receives threat letter
Gorakhpur: Firebrand BJP MP Yogi
Adityanath and some others have received a "threatening
letter" allegedly from `Jaish-e-Mohammad` terror outfit,
police said today.
The letter, addressed to the Director General of Police,
was received on Friday and was sent through speed post by one
Mujahideen Siddiqui, who identified himself as an active
member of `Jaish-e-Mohammad`, they said.
Though police traced the address on the envelope, it was
found to be fake, they said, adding further investigation is
"Security for Yogi Adityanath and the famous Gorakhnath
Temple here has been tightened following the threat," Deputy
Inspector General (DIG) Aseem Arun said.
Similar threatening letters were also received by local
BJP MP Radha Mohan Das Agrawal, Archana Tomar (advocate,
Lucknow), Sureshwar Singh (MLA, Mahsi, Bahraich), Prakash
Verma (Bajrang Dal, Kanpur) and Divya Giri (Lucknow), sources
Meanwhile, Adityanath said he would not bow down to such
threats and would continue to work for "national integration".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video