Gorakhpur MP Yogi Adityanath receives threat letter
Gorakhpur: Firebrand BJP MP Yogi
Adityanath and some others have received a "threatening
letter" allegedly from `Jaish-e-Mohammad` terror outfit,
police said today.
The letter, addressed to the Director General of Police,
was received on Friday and was sent through speed post by one
Mujahideen Siddiqui, who identified himself as an active
member of `Jaish-e-Mohammad`, they said.
Though police traced the address on the envelope, it was
found to be fake, they said, adding further investigation is
"Security for Yogi Adityanath and the famous Gorakhnath
Temple here has been tightened following the threat," Deputy
Inspector General (DIG) Aseem Arun said.
Similar threatening letters were also received by local
BJP MP Radha Mohan Das Agrawal, Archana Tomar (advocate,
Lucknow), Sureshwar Singh (MLA, Mahsi, Bahraich), Prakash
Verma (Bajrang Dal, Kanpur) and Divya Giri (Lucknow), sources
Meanwhile, Adityanath said he would not bow down to such
threats and would continue to work for "national integration".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah