Gorakhpur MP Yogi Adityanath receives threat letter
Gorakhpur: Firebrand BJP MP Yogi
Adityanath and some others have received a "threatening
letter" allegedly from `Jaish-e-Mohammad` terror outfit,
police said today.
The letter, addressed to the Director General of Police,
was received on Friday and was sent through speed post by one
Mujahideen Siddiqui, who identified himself as an active
member of `Jaish-e-Mohammad`, they said.
Though police traced the address on the envelope, it was
found to be fake, they said, adding further investigation is
"Security for Yogi Adityanath and the famous Gorakhnath
Temple here has been tightened following the threat," Deputy
Inspector General (DIG) Aseem Arun said.
Similar threatening letters were also received by local
BJP MP Radha Mohan Das Agrawal, Archana Tomar (advocate,
Lucknow), Sureshwar Singh (MLA, Mahsi, Bahraich), Prakash
Verma (Bajrang Dal, Kanpur) and Divya Giri (Lucknow), sources
Meanwhile, Adityanath said he would not bow down to such
threats and would continue to work for "national integration".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video