Govt committed to live up to people`s expectations: Akhilesh
Hardoi: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday reiterated that his government was committed to live up to the expectations of people who voted Samajwadi Party to power in the state Assembly polls.
While attending birthday function of party leader Naresh Agarwal here, Akhilesh claimed that with its socialist ideals and philosophy, his government will make Uttar Pradesh a leading state in the country.
The government will try to take along different sections of society, especially youths and farmers, on its journey to development, the Chief Minister said.
Later speaking on the occasion, party president Mulayam Singh Yadav stressed for fulfillment of promises made by SP in its poll manifesto and said that people`s faith in the party needs to remain intact.
Yadav urged people to ensure that his party gets maximum number of seats in coming Lok Sabha polls to make it sure that its support becomes necessary for the formation of a government at the Centre.
Yadav also advocated for creation of a confederation of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh in view of the prevailing situation both within the country and on its boundaries.
Terming the partition of country back in 1947 as unfortunate, Mulayam asserted that such a "Mahasangh" will ensure peace and prosperity in the region.
On the occasion, Akhilesh announced a fund of Rs 107 crore for construction of various development works in the district, besides laying foundation of 18 other projects.
He assured that efforts will be made to set up a trauma centre in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!