Govt employees threaten to use NOTA option if demands not met
Lucknow: Lakhs of government employees in Uttar Pradesh on Thursday threatened to use "None of the Above" (NOTA) option in the coming Lok Sabha polls if the Centre and the state failed to heed to their demands, including pension benefits.
The employees, under the banner of Uttar Pradesh Rajya Karmchari Sanyukt Parishad, said they would register their protest against the governmental apathy by pressing the NOTA button in the voting machine.
"A decision has been taken in this regard at the meeting of the body. In the Lok Sabha polls, employees and their families will use the NOTA option," Parishad president Harikishore Tiwari told reporters here.
He said 16 lakh state government employees and their 34 lakh family members will registered their protest in the elections if their demands were not met.
"We have issued letters in this regard to district units," he said, adding that their decision would have an impact on election results in 70 per cent seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical