Govt hospital doctors protest attack on colleague
Kanpur: Upset over the attack on a doctor of a government hospital here, doctors and private practitioners on Friday protested against occurrence of such incidents.
As a sign of protest, doctors wore black bands to work.
The protest comes in the wake of an attack by an unidentified person on doctor Vimal Kumar Singh, severely injuring his arm, in the premises of Ursula district hospital yesterday.
The Indian Medical Association (IMA) and PMS association have demanded the district police authorities to nab the accused at the earliest, saying they would otherwise stage a protest.
"We have called for a meeting of doctors on Monday. If the police fails to nab the accused by then, we will come up with a strategy of protest," said Pravin Katiyar, Secretary IMA.
However, police officials are investigating the case, "On the basis of descriptions by eyewitnesses, we have come up with a sketch of the accused. We will soon nab him," said SSP Yashasvi Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued