Govt officer`s face blackened by panchayat member
Ghaziabad: A government officer was assaulted here by district panchayat member Deepa Tyagi who rubbed black paint on his face for allegedly refusing to pass bills related to the development of her area.
Tyagi, accompanied by around 20 supporters, reached the office of Additional Chief Executive Officer Aditya Kumar late last evening and rubbed black paint on his face.
She alleged that Kumar had refused to pass bills for the development of her area.
However, Kumar has claimed that Tyagi attacked him as she had demanded from him commission from the cost incurred on development works which he had refused.
A criminal case has been registered against Tyagi and the others who accompanied her in Kavi Nagar police station.
District Magistrate Shashi Bhushan Kumar Susheel has been informed about the incident and he has directed the police to take action against Tyagi and the others, SSP Raghubir Lal said.
He said Tyagi`s Modi Nagar house was raided last night but she is absconding. However, attempts are being made to arrested her, he added.
Tyagi`s husband Ravindra Bhura was a criminal who was killed in a police encounter near Mohan Nagar here three years ago.
She contested the Zila Panchayat election in November last year which she won, defeating Rashmi Tyagi, daughter-in-law of UP Cabinet Minister Raj Pal Tyagi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day