Govt official arrested for posting objectionable content on FB
Agra: A government official was arrested today for allegedly posting objectionable content about Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav and Union minister Kapil Sibal on social networking website Facebook.
Sanjay Chaudhari, a civil engineer with the state government, was booked under IT Act here for uploading derogatory cartoons and posting objectionable comments on the two leaders, SSP Agra SC Dubey said.
A case under relevant sections of IPC has also been registered against Chaudhari for trying to disturb communal harmony by making undesirable comments against a particular community, police said.
The engineer, who also runs an NGO, has pleaded innocence claiming that some unscrupulous elements uploaded the content after hacking his Facebook account.
In November last year, two Mumbai girls were arrested for allegedly writing objectionable comments relating to late Shiv Sena leader Bal Thackrey.
The arrests had sparked nation-wide anger among the civil society activists and the intelligentsia, who had accused the administrations of misusing the IT Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet