`Govt shielding cops involved in terror suspect`s death case`
Barabanki (UP): Alleging that the Uttar Pradesh government was trying to "shield" the policemen involved in the terror suspect Khalid Mujahid`s case, his lawyer Randhir Singh Suman and social activist Sandeep Pandey on Tuesday demanded the immediate relieving of the said officials.
"The state government should immediately relieve the policemen named in the FIR registered on May 19 in Mujahid`s murder case. Fair CBI probe can be expected only if proof and evidence is preserved and without relieving these officers, this is not possible," Pandey, also a recipient of Magsaysay award, and Singh said while talking to reporters here.
They alleged that the state government was shielding the police officers.
An FIR was lodged against 42 people, including former Director General of Police and ex-ADG (law and order) of criminal conspiracy in connection with the death of serial blasts accused Khalid Mujahid on May 19.
Mujahid`s uncle Zaheer Alam had lodged an FIR against 42 people, including former DGP Vikarm Singh, ADG Brij Lal, Manoj Kumar Jha, Chiranjiv Nath Sigh and S Anand for conspiracy to kill at Kotwali police station.
Mujahid, an accused in serial blasts that had rocked Lucknow and Faizabad courts in November 2007, died on May 18 after he fell sick and fainted near Barabanki border while being escorted to Lucknow jail after a court hearing.
He was rushed to a district hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead.
UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has already ordered a CBI probe into the death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video