`Govt shielding cops involved in terror suspect`s death case`
Barabanki (UP): Alleging that the Uttar Pradesh government was trying to "shield" the policemen involved in the terror suspect Khalid Mujahid`s case, his lawyer Randhir Singh Suman and social activist Sandeep Pandey on Tuesday demanded the immediate relieving of the said officials.
"The state government should immediately relieve the policemen named in the FIR registered on May 19 in Mujahid`s murder case. Fair CBI probe can be expected only if proof and evidence is preserved and without relieving these officers, this is not possible," Pandey, also a recipient of Magsaysay award, and Singh said while talking to reporters here.
They alleged that the state government was shielding the police officers.
An FIR was lodged against 42 people, including former Director General of Police and ex-ADG (law and order) of criminal conspiracy in connection with the death of serial blasts accused Khalid Mujahid on May 19.
Mujahid`s uncle Zaheer Alam had lodged an FIR against 42 people, including former DGP Vikarm Singh, ADG Brij Lal, Manoj Kumar Jha, Chiranjiv Nath Sigh and S Anand for conspiracy to kill at Kotwali police station.
Mujahid, an accused in serial blasts that had rocked Lucknow and Faizabad courts in November 2007, died on May 18 after he fell sick and fainted near Barabanki border while being escorted to Lucknow jail after a court hearing.
He was rushed to a district hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead.
UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has already ordered a CBI probe into the death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory