Govt spending money for public good, not on statues: Akhilesh
Mainpuri: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday said that unlike the previous government which wasted public money on installing statues and developing parks, his government is focused on spending funds for benefit of people.
"We brought the supplementary budget for benefit of farmers, medical care, roads, bridges and schemes like Kanya Vidyadhan for the common people, and not for installing stone statues. You can check for yourself (with) the supplementary budget presented by BSP (government)," Akhilesh said here.
Akhilesh, who presented the first supplementary budget for the current financial year in the state Assembly yesterday, claimed that his government has drafted the budget keeping in mind needs of the common people.
He also slammed the opposition for not allowing the House to function properly.
"We want to do good work for the people but they are not allowing the house to function properly... They are not in a position to face the people," he said.
To a question, the chief minister said government will soon start a recruitment drive to fill up posts in police and education departments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31