Govt spending money for public good, not on statues: Akhilesh
Mainpuri: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday said that unlike the previous government which wasted public money on installing statues and developing parks, his government is focused on spending funds for benefit of people.
"We brought the supplementary budget for benefit of farmers, medical care, roads, bridges and schemes like Kanya Vidyadhan for the common people, and not for installing stone statues. You can check for yourself (with) the supplementary budget presented by BSP (government)," Akhilesh said here.
Akhilesh, who presented the first supplementary budget for the current financial year in the state Assembly yesterday, claimed that his government has drafted the budget keeping in mind needs of the common people.
He also slammed the opposition for not allowing the House to function properly.
"We want to do good work for the people but they are not allowing the house to function properly... They are not in a position to face the people," he said.
To a question, the chief minister said government will soon start a recruitment drive to fill up posts in police and education departments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read