Govt to ensure housing units for CISF at airports
Ghaziabad: Faced with shortage of
residential units for CISF security personnel posted at big
airports, the government is set to make provisions to ensure
proper facilities in this regard at upcoming projects.
The force, which guards the country`s 58 major airports,
is facing the problem of `living barracks` essentially at
airports in big cities and the jawans and officers have to
pay hefty rents for a house.
"This (residential facilities at airports) is a big
problem in metros like Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Goa. They
(CISF personnel) don`t have residences...they have to take
homes outside and rents are huge and they have to give (rent)
from their salary.
"Our efforts are in this direction. During the
forthcoming Lok Sabha session I will meet Civil Aviation
minister Ajit Singh and request that whenever an airport is
established they should reserve space for (CISF) barracks,"
Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh told reporters
during the Raising Day celebrations of the force.
The minister said similar arrangements will also be done
for the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) units
deployed to guard vital installations in Naxal-hit areas which
Singh said the Union Home Ministry is working to ensure
these facilities to CISF units and also enhance them at the
The CISF, raised in 1969, is celebrating its 43rd Raising
day today and apart from airports, the personnel of the force
guard vital nuclear and space installations, historic
monuments like Taj Mahal, Red Fort and also the Delhi Metro.
Singh, while talking about the brutal killing of IPS
officer Narendra Kumar Singh in Madhya Pradesh, said the Union
Home Ministry is concerned about such incidents against police
"We all are very very shocked. The people of the country
are shocked...the mafia is so daring that they can kill an IPS
officer...this is sad. No report from MP government has come
yet in this instance," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened