Govt to ensure housing units for CISF at airports
Ghaziabad: Faced with shortage of
residential units for CISF security personnel posted at big
airports, the government is set to make provisions to ensure
proper facilities in this regard at upcoming projects.
The force, which guards the country`s 58 major airports,
is facing the problem of `living barracks` essentially at
airports in big cities and the jawans and officers have to
pay hefty rents for a house.
"This (residential facilities at airports) is a big
problem in metros like Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Goa. They
(CISF personnel) don`t have residences...they have to take
homes outside and rents are huge and they have to give (rent)
from their salary.
"Our efforts are in this direction. During the
forthcoming Lok Sabha session I will meet Civil Aviation
minister Ajit Singh and request that whenever an airport is
established they should reserve space for (CISF) barracks,"
Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh told reporters
during the Raising Day celebrations of the force.
The minister said similar arrangements will also be done
for the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) units
deployed to guard vital installations in Naxal-hit areas which
Singh said the Union Home Ministry is working to ensure
these facilities to CISF units and also enhance them at the
The CISF, raised in 1969, is celebrating its 43rd Raising
day today and apart from airports, the personnel of the force
guard vital nuclear and space installations, historic
monuments like Taj Mahal, Red Fort and also the Delhi Metro.
Singh, while talking about the brutal killing of IPS
officer Narendra Kumar Singh in Madhya Pradesh, said the Union
Home Ministry is concerned about such incidents against police
"We all are very very shocked. The people of the country
are shocked...the mafia is so daring that they can kill an IPS
officer...this is sad. No report from MP government has come
yet in this instance," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145