Govt too weak to handle important issues: Kalyan
Farrukhabad: Alleging that the Central Government was plagued by scams and corruption, former Uttar Pradesh chief minister and patron of the newly-formed
Jankranti Party Kalyan Singh on Saturday said the UPA government was too weak to deal with important issues like terrorism and naxalism in the country.
"Terrorism and naxalism are the most important issues in the present time but a weak government facing scams and corruption charges cannot control the menace," Kalyan Singh, who is here for the panchayat elections, told reporters.
Stating that the alleged Muslim-appeasement policy of the Central government was responsible for the Varanasi blast, he said it has bolstered the morale of terrorists and such elements are getting patronage in the country.
Singh said he has written a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh asking him for handing over the entire 67 acres of disputed land in Ayodhya for construction of a Ram temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB