Govt working to ensure betterment of farmers: Akhilesh
making serious efforts to safeguard the interests of farmers and ensure that they get right price for their produce.
"There are immense problems faced by the farmers. Efforts are being made to redress these issues and help them get the right price of their produce," Akhilesh who was in Unnao to take part in a programme, said.
The Chief Minister said that all out efforts are being made to improve the public distribution system so that consumers can get maximum benefit.
The information about foodgrains at ration shops will be provided to consumers through SMS and to check black-marketing, the trucks carrying PDS foodgrains will be painted with green colour.
On `Bharat Ratna` for Sachin Tendulkar, Akhilesh extended his greetings to the legendary cricketer, terming him a great player who made the country proud.
When asked about implementation of food security act in the state, he said poor people should get cheap ration but before that, arrangement should be made for the cost that would be incurred on it.
Replying to a question on treasure hunt in Daudihya Kherain in the district, Akhilesh said the state government neither allowed the digging, nor withheld it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM