Govt working to ensure betterment of farmers: Akhilesh
making serious efforts to safeguard the interests of farmers and ensure that they get right price for their produce.
"There are immense problems faced by the farmers. Efforts are being made to redress these issues and help them get the right price of their produce," Akhilesh who was in Unnao to take part in a programme, said.
The Chief Minister said that all out efforts are being made to improve the public distribution system so that consumers can get maximum benefit.
The information about foodgrains at ration shops will be provided to consumers through SMS and to check black-marketing, the trucks carrying PDS foodgrains will be painted with green colour.
On `Bharat Ratna` for Sachin Tendulkar, Akhilesh extended his greetings to the legendary cricketer, terming him a great player who made the country proud.
When asked about implementation of food security act in the state, he said poor people should get cheap ration but before that, arrangement should be made for the cost that would be incurred on it.
Replying to a question on treasure hunt in Daudihya Kherain in the district, Akhilesh said the state government neither allowed the digging, nor withheld it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan