`Grading system brought down student suicides’
Mathura: CBSE chair Vineet Joshi Sunday said replacing the "numbers game" with grading system in schools has brought down cases of suicide by students who could not obtain good marks in exams.
The suicide rates by students has come down considerably in the last three-four years after grading system was put in place, Joshi told reporters here.
He said in the marks system, students and teachers were only focussed on getting good marks, whereas the grades system would ensure overall development of all students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch