Grain scam: Blacklist contractors, demands SP
Lakhimpur Kheri (UP): The Samajwadi Party national general secretary and the district president have demanded that the Uttar Pradesh government blacklist all contractors, whose names have cropped up in the foodgrain scam.
"All those contractors, whose names have cropped up in the multi-crore food grain scam should be blacklisted", SP national general secretary Ravi Prakash Verma and district president Shashank Yadav said here.
The multi-crore food scam in Kheri came to light in 2004, in which the corrupt contractors in connivance with district authorities had bungled foodgrains meant for BPL families.
The scam later led to suspension of a number of officials, including a district magistrate, half a dozen sub divisional magistrates and food department personnel. Dozens of criminal cases were lodged against the contractors and PDS shop owners.
"Unless and until these contractors are blacklisted, their nexus with corrupt officials will remain intact", Verma said, adding he raised this issue before party leader and cabinet minister Shivpal Singh Yadav, who has assured them of effective action in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why