Grain scam: Blacklist contractors, demands SP
Lakhimpur Kheri (UP): The Samajwadi Party national general secretary and the district president have demanded that the Uttar Pradesh government blacklist all contractors, whose names have cropped up in the foodgrain scam.
"All those contractors, whose names have cropped up in the multi-crore food grain scam should be blacklisted", SP national general secretary Ravi Prakash Verma and district president Shashank Yadav said here.
The multi-crore food scam in Kheri came to light in 2004, in which the corrupt contractors in connivance with district authorities had bungled foodgrains meant for BPL families.
The scam later led to suspension of a number of officials, including a district magistrate, half a dozen sub divisional magistrates and food department personnel. Dozens of criminal cases were lodged against the contractors and PDS shop owners.
"Unless and until these contractors are blacklisted, their nexus with corrupt officials will remain intact", Verma said, adding he raised this issue before party leader and cabinet minister Shivpal Singh Yadav, who has assured them of effective action in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Bihar Matric Results 2016: BSEB Class 10th Result 2016, www.biharboard.net, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in, Bihar Board 10th Matric Result to be declared on May 29
- Oil slips as $50 level sparks new output fears
- GSK gets EU approval for first gene therapy for children
- US President Barack Obama mourns dead in Hiroshima, calls for world without nuclear arms
- BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in): BSEB 12th Inter Results 2016, Bihar Board Intermediate Class 12 XII Arts / Vocational Results 2016 to be announced on May 29