Grain scam: Blacklist contractors, demands SP
Lakhimpur Kheri (UP): The Samajwadi Party national general secretary and the district president have demanded that the Uttar Pradesh government blacklist all contractors, whose names have cropped up in the foodgrain scam.
"All those contractors, whose names have cropped up in the multi-crore food grain scam should be blacklisted", SP national general secretary Ravi Prakash Verma and district president Shashank Yadav said here.
The multi-crore food scam in Kheri came to light in 2004, in which the corrupt contractors in connivance with district authorities had bungled foodgrains meant for BPL families.
The scam later led to suspension of a number of officials, including a district magistrate, half a dozen sub divisional magistrates and food department personnel. Dozens of criminal cases were lodged against the contractors and PDS shop owners.
"Unless and until these contractors are blacklisted, their nexus with corrupt officials will remain intact", Verma said, adding he raised this issue before party leader and cabinet minister Shivpal Singh Yadav, who has assured them of effective action in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!