Granddaughter of BJP leader killed for dowry
Bareilly: Granddaughter of a BJP leader was
shot dead allegedly by her in-laws for dowry in Aonla area
here, police said today.
According to the police, Anupam, granddaughter of BJP
leader Mithilesh Chauhan, was killed yesterday allegedly by
her in-laws who were "demanding Rs five lakh and a car in
Five persons -- father-in-law Prempal Singh, who is also
district president of the RLD, mother-in-law Akhileshwari and
brothers-in-law Pushpenadra, Ankit and Mudit -- have been
booked on murder charges while the husband Jitendra has been
charged with dowry harassment, they said.
Anupam had got married to Jitendra in November last year.
The victim`s father Rajesh Singh has alleged in the FIR
that her father-in-law was demanding Rs five lakh cash for
contesting elections and a car, the police said.
The rifle used in the murder has been seized, they said,
adding that no arrest has been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic