GRP rescues eight minors from train in Kanpur
Kanpur: Eight minor boys, who were allegedly
being taken to Punjab to be supplied as child labourers, were
rescued from a train here and two persons were arrested in
The children, hailing from Bihar and West Bengal, were
rescued from the Amrapali Express late last night, GRP
officials said today, adding two child traffickers were also
According to the officials, the accused were taking the
boys to Jalandhar under the pretext of providing them jobs.
Earlier, the GRP Lucknow rescued 34 children from the
same train and alerted its counterparts in Kanpur about the
possibility of other such children.
As the train reached Kanpur railway station, the GRP
personnel pounced on the traffickers and rescued eight more
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie