Guilty will be punished: Rajendra Chaudhary on Mohanlalganj rape case
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party leader Rajendra Chaudhary on Sunday reiterated that the Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav-led Uttar Pradesh government would ensure that whoever is found guilty in the Mohanlalganj rape case will be punished.
"The investigation is going on and the Chief Minister has made it clear that whoever is found guilty in this case will be punished," said Chaudhary.
He further said that the SP-led UP Government is unbiased, and will ensure justice to everyone.
Earlier today, the forensic report of the case stated that the rape and murder of a 32-year-old woman was committed by a group of men. There were traces of blood and flesh of more than one person found in the DNA of the victim.
The victim`s body was found naked with injury marks on head, face and private parts in a primary school in Balsinghkheda village of Lucknow District.
On July 23, the UP Government had ordered a probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in the case. The order came after the family of the victim expressed their dissatisfaction over government`s insensitive approach.
They challenged the report of the police which stated that the victim was killed single-handedly by only one person and demanded justice for the woman.
Earlier, it was speculated that the woman was gang-raped before the murder, due to multiple injuries and stab wounds found on her private parts, but police had claimed there was only one accused involved in the crime and his attempt to rape before killing had failed.
Ram Sewak, a security guard, with a private company, has been detained as the accused in the case. Police said Sewak wanted to approach the woman but could not do so fearing his low social status, so he concealed his identity and convinced the victim to meet her at night.
The victim was beaten brutally after she resisted the rape attempt, and later died of hemorrhage due to excessive bleeding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Japan's Shinzo Abe may leave tax hike to next PM: Reports
- 17 killed in fire at elderly people's care home in Ukraine
- DLF targets up to Rs 3,500 crore in new sales booking in FY17
- Maanayata, hubby Sanjay Dutt's adorable dance is the most romantic thing you will watch today!
- Development replaces fear in Jeeram Ghati in Chhattisgarh's Bastar district post 2013 Naxal attack