Guilty will be punished: Rajendra Chaudhary on Mohanlalganj rape case
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party leader Rajendra Chaudhary on Sunday reiterated that the Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav-led Uttar Pradesh government would ensure that whoever is found guilty in the Mohanlalganj rape case will be punished.
"The investigation is going on and the Chief Minister has made it clear that whoever is found guilty in this case will be punished," said Chaudhary.
He further said that the SP-led UP Government is unbiased, and will ensure justice to everyone.
Earlier today, the forensic report of the case stated that the rape and murder of a 32-year-old woman was committed by a group of men. There were traces of blood and flesh of more than one person found in the DNA of the victim.
The victim`s body was found naked with injury marks on head, face and private parts in a primary school in Balsinghkheda village of Lucknow District.
On July 23, the UP Government had ordered a probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in the case. The order came after the family of the victim expressed their dissatisfaction over government`s insensitive approach.
They challenged the report of the police which stated that the victim was killed single-handedly by only one person and demanded justice for the woman.
Earlier, it was speculated that the woman was gang-raped before the murder, due to multiple injuries and stab wounds found on her private parts, but police had claimed there was only one accused involved in the crime and his attempt to rape before killing had failed.
Ram Sewak, a security guard, with a private company, has been detained as the accused in the case. Police said Sewak wanted to approach the woman but could not do so fearing his low social status, so he concealed his identity and convinced the victim to meet her at night.
The victim was beaten brutally after she resisted the rape attempt, and later died of hemorrhage due to excessive bleeding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!