Guilty will be punished: Rajendra Chaudhary on Mohanlalganj rape case
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party leader Rajendra Chaudhary on Sunday reiterated that the Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav-led Uttar Pradesh government would ensure that whoever is found guilty in the Mohanlalganj rape case will be punished.
"The investigation is going on and the Chief Minister has made it clear that whoever is found guilty in this case will be punished," said Chaudhary.
He further said that the SP-led UP Government is unbiased, and will ensure justice to everyone.
Earlier today, the forensic report of the case stated that the rape and murder of a 32-year-old woman was committed by a group of men. There were traces of blood and flesh of more than one person found in the DNA of the victim.
The victim`s body was found naked with injury marks on head, face and private parts in a primary school in Balsinghkheda village of Lucknow District.
On July 23, the UP Government had ordered a probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in the case. The order came after the family of the victim expressed their dissatisfaction over government`s insensitive approach.
They challenged the report of the police which stated that the victim was killed single-handedly by only one person and demanded justice for the woman.
Earlier, it was speculated that the woman was gang-raped before the murder, due to multiple injuries and stab wounds found on her private parts, but police had claimed there was only one accused involved in the crime and his attempt to rape before killing had failed.
Ram Sewak, a security guard, with a private company, has been detained as the accused in the case. Police said Sewak wanted to approach the woman but could not do so fearing his low social status, so he concealed his identity and convinced the victim to meet her at night.
The victim was beaten brutally after she resisted the rape attempt, and later died of hemorrhage due to excessive bleeding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why