Guilty will be punished: Rajendra Chaudhary on Mohanlalganj rape case
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party leader Rajendra Chaudhary on Sunday reiterated that the Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav-led Uttar Pradesh government would ensure that whoever is found guilty in the Mohanlalganj rape case will be punished.
"The investigation is going on and the Chief Minister has made it clear that whoever is found guilty in this case will be punished," said Chaudhary.
He further said that the SP-led UP Government is unbiased, and will ensure justice to everyone.
Earlier today, the forensic report of the case stated that the rape and murder of a 32-year-old woman was committed by a group of men. There were traces of blood and flesh of more than one person found in the DNA of the victim.
The victim`s body was found naked with injury marks on head, face and private parts in a primary school in Balsinghkheda village of Lucknow District.
On July 23, the UP Government had ordered a probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in the case. The order came after the family of the victim expressed their dissatisfaction over government`s insensitive approach.
They challenged the report of the police which stated that the victim was killed single-handedly by only one person and demanded justice for the woman.
Earlier, it was speculated that the woman was gang-raped before the murder, due to multiple injuries and stab wounds found on her private parts, but police had claimed there was only one accused involved in the crime and his attempt to rape before killing had failed.
Ram Sewak, a security guard, with a private company, has been detained as the accused in the case. Police said Sewak wanted to approach the woman but could not do so fearing his low social status, so he concealed his identity and convinced the victim to meet her at night.
The victim was beaten brutally after she resisted the rape attempt, and later died of hemorrhage due to excessive bleeding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon