Gutka ban: UP govt files affidavit in HC
Allahabad: Uttar Pradesh government today filed an affidavit in the Allahabad high court stating that it will impose blanket ban on the production and use of pan masala and gutka in the state from April 1, 2013.
The government`s affidavit came in response to a PIL filed by Indian Dental Association seeking ban on pan masala and gutka in UP.
The government informed the court that it had already issued notification in this regard.
However, the bench comprising Justices Amar Saran and Anurag Kumar stayed the further hearing of the PIL till any order is passed by the Supreme Court regrading ban on gutka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth