Gutka ban: UP govt files affidavit in HC
Allahabad: Uttar Pradesh government today filed an affidavit in the Allahabad high court stating that it will impose blanket ban on the production and use of pan masala and gutka in the state from April 1, 2013.
The government`s affidavit came in response to a PIL filed by Indian Dental Association seeking ban on pan masala and gutka in UP.
The government informed the court that it had already issued notification in this regard.
However, the bench comprising Justices Amar Saran and Anurag Kumar stayed the further hearing of the PIL till any order is passed by the Supreme Court regrading ban on gutka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!