Gutka ban: UP govt files affidavit in HC
Allahabad: Uttar Pradesh government today filed an affidavit in the Allahabad high court stating that it will impose blanket ban on the production and use of pan masala and gutka in the state from April 1, 2013.
The government`s affidavit came in response to a PIL filed by Indian Dental Association seeking ban on pan masala and gutka in UP.
The government informed the court that it had already issued notification in this regard.
However, the bench comprising Justices Amar Saran and Anurag Kumar stayed the further hearing of the PIL till any order is passed by the Supreme Court regrading ban on gutka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister