Gutka ban: UP govt files affidavit in HC
Allahabad: Uttar Pradesh government today filed an affidavit in the Allahabad high court stating that it will impose blanket ban on the production and use of pan masala and gutka in the state from April 1, 2013.
The government`s affidavit came in response to a PIL filed by Indian Dental Association seeking ban on pan masala and gutka in UP.
The government informed the court that it had already issued notification in this regard.
However, the bench comprising Justices Amar Saran and Anurag Kumar stayed the further hearing of the PIL till any order is passed by the Supreme Court regrading ban on gutka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown