Had I been a heavyweight, I would have become UP CM: Shivpal Yadav
Ballia (UP): Senior Samajwadi Party leader Shivpal Singh Yadav on Sunday suggested that he is not among the "heavyweights" in the party as had it been so, "he would have become Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh" when the party had won majority in last year`s Assembly polls.
"Had I been a heavyweight leader, I would have become state`s Chief Minister (When the party had come to power)," Shivpal said here.
He said this when asked by local party leaders why the minister was not intervening personally to get more representation for the district in the government.
Shivpal, brother of party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, was one of the front-runners for the CM`s post after SP had come to power with an absolute majority in the elections held last year.
He also took a jibe at elevation of Rahul Gandhi to the rank of Congress Vice-President during party`s Jaipur summit, saying that the results of Bihar, UP and Gujarat polls have proved that Rahul`s charisma was not working.
"Whatever, he (Rahul) does, I don`t think he will succeed in catapulting his party to power", Shivpal said.
About the performance of his Public Works Department, Shivpal said continuous efforts are being made to improve the condition of state roads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31