Had I been a heavyweight, I would have become UP CM: Shivpal Yadav
Ballia (UP): Senior Samajwadi Party leader Shivpal Singh Yadav on Sunday suggested that he is not among the "heavyweights" in the party as had it been so, "he would have become Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh" when the party had won majority in last year`s Assembly polls.
"Had I been a heavyweight leader, I would have become state`s Chief Minister (When the party had come to power)," Shivpal said here.
He said this when asked by local party leaders why the minister was not intervening personally to get more representation for the district in the government.
Shivpal, brother of party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, was one of the front-runners for the CM`s post after SP had come to power with an absolute majority in the elections held last year.
He also took a jibe at elevation of Rahul Gandhi to the rank of Congress Vice-President during party`s Jaipur summit, saying that the results of Bihar, UP and Gujarat polls have proved that Rahul`s charisma was not working.
"Whatever, he (Rahul) does, I don`t think he will succeed in catapulting his party to power", Shivpal said.
About the performance of his Public Works Department, Shivpal said continuous efforts are being made to improve the condition of state roads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested