Had I been a heavyweight, I would have become UP CM: Shivpal Yadav
Ballia (UP): Senior Samajwadi Party leader Shivpal Singh Yadav on Sunday suggested that he is not among the "heavyweights" in the party as had it been so, "he would have become Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh" when the party had won majority in last year`s Assembly polls.
"Had I been a heavyweight leader, I would have become state`s Chief Minister (When the party had come to power)," Shivpal said here.
He said this when asked by local party leaders why the minister was not intervening personally to get more representation for the district in the government.
Shivpal, brother of party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, was one of the front-runners for the CM`s post after SP had come to power with an absolute majority in the elections held last year.
He also took a jibe at elevation of Rahul Gandhi to the rank of Congress Vice-President during party`s Jaipur summit, saying that the results of Bihar, UP and Gujarat polls have proved that Rahul`s charisma was not working.
"Whatever, he (Rahul) does, I don`t think he will succeed in catapulting his party to power", Shivpal said.
About the performance of his Public Works Department, Shivpal said continuous efforts are being made to improve the condition of state roads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened