Hailstorm leaves Agra farmers worried
Agra: Hailstorm and strong winds that lashed the Agra region on Saturday left farmers worried.
"The rain has been intermittent. It is the wind that is causing harm to the standing wheat crop. The late mustard and potato crops have been badly hit," said Ravi Singh, a progressive farmer in Barauli Ahir.
The weather department has forecast more rains till Sunday.
"We woke up to loud staccato noise in the morning. Outside the house, the floor was carpeted with hail and gusty winds was blowing," Sudheir Gupta from Vijay Nagar said.
The hailstorm has also hit the Taj Mahotsav cultural fest. "Stall owners rushed for cover and the open-air theatre was all wet," said Prashant Baghael from Taj Ganj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mark Zuckerberg to connect with ISS astronauts via Facebook Live
- Top aide of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen commander surrenders in Kashmir
- Darshan Kumaar, Randeep Hooda and Vijender Singh showcase 'Jat power punch'! See pic
- Fifty years after his death, VD Savarkar trending on Twitter: Know why
- BSER Rajasthan Board Class 12 (Arts) Examination Results 2016 to be declared soon on rajresults.nic.in and rajeduboard.nic.in