Hailstorm leaves Agra farmers worried
Agra: Hailstorm and strong winds that lashed the Agra region on Saturday left farmers worried.
"The rain has been intermittent. It is the wind that is causing harm to the standing wheat crop. The late mustard and potato crops have been badly hit," said Ravi Singh, a progressive farmer in Barauli Ahir.
The weather department has forecast more rains till Sunday.
"We woke up to loud staccato noise in the morning. Outside the house, the floor was carpeted with hail and gusty winds was blowing," Sudheir Gupta from Vijay Nagar said.
The hailstorm has also hit the Taj Mahotsav cultural fest. "Stall owners rushed for cover and the open-air theatre was all wet," said Prashant Baghael from Taj Ganj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested