Hailstorm leaves Agra farmers worried
Agra: Hailstorm and strong winds that lashed the Agra region on Saturday left farmers worried.
"The rain has been intermittent. It is the wind that is causing harm to the standing wheat crop. The late mustard and potato crops have been badly hit," said Ravi Singh, a progressive farmer in Barauli Ahir.
The weather department has forecast more rains till Sunday.
"We woke up to loud staccato noise in the morning. Outside the house, the floor was carpeted with hail and gusty winds was blowing," Sudheir Gupta from Vijay Nagar said.
The hailstorm has also hit the Taj Mahotsav cultural fest. "Stall owners rushed for cover and the open-air theatre was all wet," said Prashant Baghael from Taj Ganj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing