Hailstorm leaves Agra farmers worried
Agra: Hailstorm and strong winds that lashed the Agra region on Saturday left farmers worried.
"The rain has been intermittent. It is the wind that is causing harm to the standing wheat crop. The late mustard and potato crops have been badly hit," said Ravi Singh, a progressive farmer in Barauli Ahir.
The weather department has forecast more rains till Sunday.
"We woke up to loud staccato noise in the morning. Outside the house, the floor was carpeted with hail and gusty winds was blowing," Sudheir Gupta from Vijay Nagar said.
The hailstorm has also hit the Taj Mahotsav cultural fest. "Stall owners rushed for cover and the open-air theatre was all wet," said Prashant Baghael from Taj Ganj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Chennai road mishap: Seven more succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 14