Hardoi gas leak: death toll rises to 4
Hardoi: One more person died after inhaling poisonous gas emanating from a ruptured gas pipeline of a private chemical factory here, taking the toll to four since Saturday, officials said today.
Pramod Shukla (40), who was referred to Lucknow in a serious condition died at the trauma centre during treatment late last night, they said.
Pramod worked in a factory close to Amit Chemicals, where the gas leaked during shifting of pipelines yesterday.
Three persons, including a woman, were killed and fifteen others taken ill following leakage in gas line of a private chemical factory in Sandila industrial area yesterday, which was later sealed by the authorities.
Sri Ram (50), Mhole (45) and Indrana (44) died due to leakage in gas line of the chemical factory while fifteen others were taken ill of whom 12 were rushed to the trauma
centre of KGMU hospital in the state capital.
A case was registered against the owner of the factory, BN Lal, his son Amit Srivastava and an engineer, Shailendra in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Separated Indian, Pakistani siblings meet in UAE after 48 yrs
- CPI(M) leader Sushanta Ghosh slapped in West Bengal court premises
- On eve of Greece visit, Putin says problems with EU can be solved
- President Mukherjee lists 8 steps to resolve issues between India, China
- READ: What Ashish Nehra has to say about his Viral Photo with Virat Kohli