Hardoi gas leak: death toll rises to 4
Hardoi: One more person died after inhaling poisonous gas emanating from a ruptured gas pipeline of a private chemical factory here, taking the toll to four since Saturday, officials said today.
Pramod Shukla (40), who was referred to Lucknow in a serious condition died at the trauma centre during treatment late last night, they said.
Pramod worked in a factory close to Amit Chemicals, where the gas leaked during shifting of pipelines yesterday.
Three persons, including a woman, were killed and fifteen others taken ill following leakage in gas line of a private chemical factory in Sandila industrial area yesterday, which was later sealed by the authorities.
Sri Ram (50), Mhole (45) and Indrana (44) died due to leakage in gas line of the chemical factory while fifteen others were taken ill of whom 12 were rushed to the trauma
centre of KGMU hospital in the state capital.
A case was registered against the owner of the factory, BN Lal, his son Amit Srivastava and an engineer, Shailendra in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj