Haryana minister ridicules UP, Gujarat while seeking investment
New Delhi: Inviting investments into his
state, a senior Haryana minister on Saturday ridiculed some other
states, particularly Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat, suggesting
governments there allowed bootlegging and other mafia to
"Neither do we have the communal tensions or
bootlegger mafia as in Gujarat nor do we permit organised
mafia as in UP," Haryana Industries Minister Randeep Singh
Surjewala said at a seminar -- `Advantage Haryana - Land of
The minister said business in Haryana is a result of
its peaceful law and order situation.
"Look inside your heart and tell me. Can the biggest
business centres of India from Bombay, or shall I say Mumbai,
to Ahmedabad, Calcutta to Madras or shall I say Kolkata to
Chennai, say the same thing."
"Is it not true that you will be judged differently if
you belong to a minority community in Gujarat? Is it also not
true that certain forces will identify you as not a `true
Marathi manush` in Mumbai," Surjewala asked.
Identity based on language and colour of skin was well
known in some states, he claimed.
"In Haryana, we will not judge you by your sub-
nationalities, nationalities, language, religion, gender or
colour or your skin. We will judge only by your talent, your
intellectual capital, your capacity to invest and grow and to
be part of Haryana`s and India`s growth story," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!