Haryana minister ridicules UP, Gujarat while seeking investment
New Delhi: Inviting investments into his
state, a senior Haryana minister on Saturday ridiculed some other
states, particularly Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat, suggesting
governments there allowed bootlegging and other mafia to
"Neither do we have the communal tensions or
bootlegger mafia as in Gujarat nor do we permit organised
mafia as in UP," Haryana Industries Minister Randeep Singh
Surjewala said at a seminar -- `Advantage Haryana - Land of
The minister said business in Haryana is a result of
its peaceful law and order situation.
"Look inside your heart and tell me. Can the biggest
business centres of India from Bombay, or shall I say Mumbai,
to Ahmedabad, Calcutta to Madras or shall I say Kolkata to
Chennai, say the same thing."
"Is it not true that you will be judged differently if
you belong to a minority community in Gujarat? Is it also not
true that certain forces will identify you as not a `true
Marathi manush` in Mumbai," Surjewala asked.
Identity based on language and colour of skin was well
known in some states, he claimed.
"In Haryana, we will not judge you by your sub-
nationalities, nationalities, language, religion, gender or
colour or your skin. We will judge only by your talent, your
intellectual capital, your capacity to invest and grow and to
be part of Haryana`s and India`s growth story," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past