Haryana minister ridicules UP, Gujarat while seeking investment
New Delhi: Inviting investments into his
state, a senior Haryana minister on Saturday ridiculed some other
states, particularly Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat, suggesting
governments there allowed bootlegging and other mafia to
"Neither do we have the communal tensions or
bootlegger mafia as in Gujarat nor do we permit organised
mafia as in UP," Haryana Industries Minister Randeep Singh
Surjewala said at a seminar -- `Advantage Haryana - Land of
The minister said business in Haryana is a result of
its peaceful law and order situation.
"Look inside your heart and tell me. Can the biggest
business centres of India from Bombay, or shall I say Mumbai,
to Ahmedabad, Calcutta to Madras or shall I say Kolkata to
Chennai, say the same thing."
"Is it not true that you will be judged differently if
you belong to a minority community in Gujarat? Is it also not
true that certain forces will identify you as not a `true
Marathi manush` in Mumbai," Surjewala asked.
Identity based on language and colour of skin was well
known in some states, he claimed.
"In Haryana, we will not judge you by your sub-
nationalities, nationalities, language, religion, gender or
colour or your skin. We will judge only by your talent, your
intellectual capital, your capacity to invest and grow and to
be part of Haryana`s and India`s growth story," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate