Hashim Ansari's recusal won't affect Babri Masjid case: Azam Khan
Reacting to Mohammad Hashim Ansari's decision of not pursuing the Babri Masjid case any further, Uttar Pradesh Minister Azam Khan said that the oldest litigant is frustrated over the delay.
Lucknow: Reacting to Mohammad Hashim Ansari's decision of not pursuing the Babri Masjid case any further, Uttar Pradesh Minister Azam Khan said that the oldest litigant is frustrated over the delay.
Azam, who was criticised by the 92-year-old plaintiff for playing politics over the Babri issue said that Ansari is now very old and is frustrated over the delay, adding, that it won't have any affect on the case even if Ansari recuses himself. The Samajwai Party leader maintained that the Ayodhya-Babri Masjid dispute case will continue.
The UP Urban Development Minister Mohammad Azam said that the BJP should feel ashamed as the oldest litigant in the case is disappointed with both judiciary and the government.
Recently, Ansari declared that he doesn't want to pursue the matter any further and wants 'Ram Lalla' (infant Ram) to be free.
Expressing unhappiness over the politicisation of the Babri case, Ansari, who has been fighting the case since 1959, said he will not attend any protest meeting on Dec 6 to mark the anniversary of Babri Masjid demolition.
Speaking to the mediapersons, Ansari said that the people who are reaping political benefits are staying in bungalows whereas 'Ram Lalla' is living in a tent.
“I want to see 'Ram Lalla' free,” Ansari asserted.
Criticising Uttar Pradesh Minister Azam Khan for calling Ram Janambhoomi "a dead issue", Ansari took a dig at him and said that from now on Khan will pursue the case and not him.
He also accused Khan of playing politics over the Babri issue.
Last month Khan had said the Ayodhya issue was "almost dead" as a "temple already exists there" and alleged that the BJP wanted to keep it alive to vitiate the atmosphere.