Hashimpura massacre: Swamy moves court
New Delhi: Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Monday sought from a court here permission to move an application seeking to include a person as co-accused in the 1987 Hashimpura massacre case in which 16 PAC personnel are facing trial for allegedly killing 42 persons in Meerut in Uttar Pradesh.
He moved the court of Additional Sessions Judge Rakesh Siddhartha, who allowed him to submit the application under section 319 (power to proceed against other persons appearing to be guilty of offence) of Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC).
Though Swamy did not name anyone in the court, outside the court he said he wanted P Chidambaram, who was the Minister of State for Internal Security from October 1986 to 1989 at the Centre, be made an accused in the case.
Earlier, Swamy told the court that the 16 Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) personnel who are facing the trial may not have acted on their own free will and that they merely executed the orders of a senior person.
"I want to move an application to make that person, who gave the orders to the force, an accused," Swamy told the court.
The judge remarked that it was obvious that all forces act on the orders of the superiors.
The court, however, added that there was no other accused named in the case and asked Swamy if he has the evidence to prove his point.
Swamy said he would prove his case and the judge allowed him to move the application, saying "you move the application. I would consider it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof