Hawala racket: Six people working as couriers arrested
Bijnor: Six persons, allegedly working as couriers for a hawala racket being operated from Pakistan, were arrested from a bus stand here.
Dilshad, Sonu, Faazil, Aakil, Kamalveer and Shubham were arrested from the state road transport bus stand in the city last night, Superintendent of Police Rajesh Krishan said.
"95 ATM cards, 24 sim cards, a laptop and 2 lakh rupees in cash have been recovered from them," he said.
According to the SP, Faazil and Aakil, both residents of Delhi, "used to receive instructions regarding money transactions and customers from brokers in Pakistan".
After receiving the instructions the duo would transfer the money into the bank accounts of their customers as told by their associates from across the border, the SP said.
Kamalveer and Shubham used to assist them in making bank transactions, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok