Hawala racket: Six people working as couriers arrested
Bijnor: Six persons, allegedly working as couriers for a hawala racket being operated from Pakistan, were arrested from a bus stand here.
Dilshad, Sonu, Faazil, Aakil, Kamalveer and Shubham were arrested from the state road transport bus stand in the city last night, Superintendent of Police Rajesh Krishan said.
"95 ATM cards, 24 sim cards, a laptop and 2 lakh rupees in cash have been recovered from them," he said.
According to the SP, Faazil and Aakil, both residents of Delhi, "used to receive instructions regarding money transactions and customers from brokers in Pakistan".
After receiving the instructions the duo would transfer the money into the bank accounts of their customers as told by their associates from across the border, the SP said.
Kamalveer and Shubham used to assist them in making bank transactions, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back