Hawala racket: Six people working as couriers arrested
Bijnor: Six persons, allegedly working as couriers for a hawala racket being operated from Pakistan, were arrested from a bus stand here.
Dilshad, Sonu, Faazil, Aakil, Kamalveer and Shubham were arrested from the state road transport bus stand in the city last night, Superintendent of Police Rajesh Krishan said.
"95 ATM cards, 24 sim cards, a laptop and 2 lakh rupees in cash have been recovered from them," he said.
According to the SP, Faazil and Aakil, both residents of Delhi, "used to receive instructions regarding money transactions and customers from brokers in Pakistan".
After receiving the instructions the duo would transfer the money into the bank accounts of their customers as told by their associates from across the border, the SP said.
Kamalveer and Shubham used to assist them in making bank transactions, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves