Hawala racket: Six people working as couriers arrested
Bijnor: Six persons, allegedly working as couriers for a hawala racket being operated from Pakistan, were arrested from a bus stand here.
Dilshad, Sonu, Faazil, Aakil, Kamalveer and Shubham were arrested from the state road transport bus stand in the city last night, Superintendent of Police Rajesh Krishan said.
"95 ATM cards, 24 sim cards, a laptop and 2 lakh rupees in cash have been recovered from them," he said.
According to the SP, Faazil and Aakil, both residents of Delhi, "used to receive instructions regarding money transactions and customers from brokers in Pakistan".
After receiving the instructions the duo would transfer the money into the bank accounts of their customers as told by their associates from across the border, the SP said.
Kamalveer and Shubham used to assist them in making bank transactions, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- 122 pilots failed alcohol tests between 2013 and June 2016:Government
- Sexual harassment case: One witness denied allegations against Kumar Vishwas: Police to HC
- Graft case: Court seeks CBI's reply on accused bail plea
- Aussie legend Craig McDermott hails Ishant Sharma as a real workhorse
- Spain seeks `urgent` answers from London after nuclear sub collision