HC asks Home dept to ensure adequate security
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court on Monday directed top officials of the state home department to ensure adequate security arrangements in the court premises in view of the serious threat perception to lawyers and judges, especially those related to Ayodhya case.
A division bench comprising Justice Devi Prasad Singh and Justice Devendra Kumar Upadhaya passed this order in the presence of top officials of the home department and security agencies.
On March 22, the court had summoned these officials for providing complete information regarding action taken by the state government in view of the serious threat perception on a writ petition filed by a local lawyer, Ranjana Agnihotri
connected with the Ram Janmbhoomi-Babri Masjid case.
The petitioner while inviting the attention of the court
towards the report of ATS Gwalior (MP) dated January 3, 2012
had sought direction for her security as well as the court.
Petitioner Agnihotri said that in pursuance of the
earlier order, the officials including Principal Secretary
Home R M Srivastava who appeared in the court today informed
that Z category security has been provided to the three judges
who had pronounced the judgement.
Agnihotri said that she has been provided a shadow and
also a gunner for her security through the court order.
For the security of the court premises, the bench asked
the officials to provide adequate security and also start
entry through pass system besides installing metal detectors
and intercom system at all the entry points, Agnihotri said.
The court has fixed April 19 as the next date of
hearing in the matter and also directed to provide progress
report of this order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons