HC asks police to give report on probe into Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court on Wednesday sought a report from the Economic Offences wing of Uttar Pradesh police on the investigation into alleged irregularities in Dr Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust run by Union Minister Salman Khurshid and his wife Louise.
The order was passed by a bench of Justice Uma Nath Singh and Justice Satish Chandra on a PIL seeking a direction for lodging of an FIR and also monitoring by the court in the case of the trust run by Khurshid and his wife.
The petitioner Nutan Thakur had in her PIL prayed to the court to direct Principal Secretary (Home) of Uttar Pradesh government and Economic Offences Wing to immediately lodge an FIR on the basis of a primary investigation report conducted by Viklang Kalyan department and Social Welfare department in pursuance of Ministry of Social Justice.
The EOW of UP Police had already started a probe into the matter following the government order on July 3 last year.
Six parties, including state government EOW, central government, Principal Secretary (Social Welfare, UP), Aaj Tak television news channel, and Dr Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust, were named as respondents in the PIL.
The bench had on October 15 last had issued a notice to Aaj Tak directing it to produce all documents relating to the matter of Dr Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust.
The channel today filed sealed documents before the bench as directed earlier.
The bench later directed the EOW probing the case to submit details of the investigation including case dairy on the next date of hearing on February 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!