HC asks UP Chief Secy to verify about 2 blocked news channels
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Friday directed Uttar Pradesh Chief Secretary to verify whether two news channels were blocked by cable operators on state government`s orders.
The Lucknow division bench comprising Justices Imtiyaz Murtaza and DK Upadhyay passed this order on a PIL alleging that due to negative coverage of Saifai Mahotsava, on orders of SP government two news channels were blocked by the cable operators.
However, standing counsel IP Singh termed the allegations in the PIL as baseless and said that no directions to block channels were given by the government.
The bench has asked the Chief Secretary to verify the issue at his level and submit a report to the court on January 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown