HC asks UP Chief Secy to verify about 2 blocked news channels
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Friday directed Uttar Pradesh Chief Secretary to verify whether two news channels were blocked by cable operators on state government`s orders.
The Lucknow division bench comprising Justices Imtiyaz Murtaza and DK Upadhyay passed this order on a PIL alleging that due to negative coverage of Saifai Mahotsava, on orders of SP government two news channels were blocked by the cable operators.
However, standing counsel IP Singh termed the allegations in the PIL as baseless and said that no directions to block channels were given by the government.
The bench has asked the Chief Secretary to verify the issue at his level and submit a report to the court on January 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town