HC asks UP Chief Secy to verify about 2 blocked news channels
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Friday directed Uttar Pradesh Chief Secretary to verify whether two news channels were blocked by cable operators on state government`s orders.
The Lucknow division bench comprising Justices Imtiyaz Murtaza and DK Upadhyay passed this order on a PIL alleging that due to negative coverage of Saifai Mahotsava, on orders of SP government two news channels were blocked by the cable operators.
However, standing counsel IP Singh termed the allegations in the PIL as baseless and said that no directions to block channels were given by the government.
The bench has asked the Chief Secretary to verify the issue at his level and submit a report to the court on January 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir