HC asks UP govt about steps taken to enforce Food Security
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court has sought to know from the Uttar Pradesh government as to what steps it has taken to enforce the provisions of the National Food Security Act in the state.
A Division Bench comprising Chief Justice D Y Chandrachud and Justice Dilip Gupta passed the order dated November 27 on the Public Interest Litigation of a social organisation Akhil Bhartiya Mahila Paropkari Evam Manavta Vikas Sansthan which had sought directions to the state government for enforcing the Food Security Act.
"In particular, the state shall clarify what steps have been taken or are to be taken for the identification of eligible households in accordance with the provisions of Chapter IV of National Food Security Act, 2013," the court said adding that the counter affidavit be filed within four weeks.
"We clarify that the pendency of these proceedings shall not be utilised as a ground for failing to comply with the provisions of the law enacted by the Parliament", the court added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today