HC asks UP govt to answer on murders in health dept
Lucknow: Lucknow Bench of the Allahabad High
Court on Thursday sought a reply from the Uttar Pradesh government
on the murders of officials of the state`s health department.
Responding to an application filed by one Abhay Singh, a
division bench of Justices Rajiv Sharma and Vedpal has asked
the government to reply within two weeks why a number of
murders had taken place in the health department.
Mafia-turned-politician Abhay Singh filed the application
seeking instructions for a CBI inquiry in the murder case of
chief medical officer Vinod Kumar Arya, in which he is an
accused, his counsel Ashok Pandey said.
In his application, Singh has prayed that he is a
political person associated with the Samajwadi Party and
government officials are dragging his name in the Arya murder
case due to ill will, Pandey said.
Chief Medical Officer (family welfare) Arya was shot dead
by two motorcycle-borne persons barely 100 metres away from
residence in Vikas Nagar colony here on October 27.
Following the arrest of two persons on December 12,
police claimed that Singh, who is currently lodged in Banda
jail, plotted and gave a contract to eliminate Arya.
Additional Director General of Police Brij Lal had told
reporters then that Abhay Singh gave a contract of Rs five
lakh to two brothers Amit Dixit alias Annu and Sumit Dixit
alias Anshu to kill Arya while being lodged in Hamirpur
In his application Singh has termed the police theory as
an improbable story and said that he is being framed due to
political reasons, counsel Pandey said.
The Samajwadi Party had also alleged that Singh was being
framed in a false case and submitted a memorandum with the
Governor in this regard.
A number of officials of the state health department have
been murdered in the past.
Dr Om Prakash Chimpa, who was posted as Chief Medical
Officer (CMO) Etawah, was murdered in August 2008.
Director General (Medical & Health) Dr Bachi Lal Rawat
and Additional Director R S Sharma were also murdered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof