HC constitutes committee to deal with women`s complaints
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Thursday constituted a committee to check cases of unfair treatment to women counsels.
The order was passed by the bench of Justice Devi Prasad Singh and Justice Ashok Pal Singh of the Lucknow bench of the High Court on a petition filed by Sandhya Dubey and others.
On behalf of the petitioners counsel Ranjana submitted that recently, ladies working in the court have been treated unfairly and have suffered eve-teasing in spite of SC judgement in Vishakha case.
She said that no committee has been constituted by the HC in Oudh Bar Association to deal with complaints of eve-teasing and molestation of women.
The court directed that Registrar General/Registrar to file a personal affidavit describing the action taken by the HC in pursuance to Vishakha case judgement, and set the next hearing for December 12.
It said that keeping in view the argument advanced by the counsel for the petitioners that recently some incident occurred in the campus of HC in the absence of remedial measure women advocates could not represent their cause before the appropriate forum, who may look into matter.
"In view of submission of the counsel, we constitute a committee to deal with such matter, henceforth presided over by the Registrar of this court," the court said.
The committee would have five elder committee members of Oudh Bar Association and one officer on special duty chosen by the Registrar to receive complaints from female staff of HC.
"We appoint Additional Advocate General Bulbul Godiyal as a lady member of the committee so constituted till the tenure of the committee. Committee shall continue to discharge its obligation in terms of guideline provided by Vishakha`s Case and in terms of further order of the court," it said.
It directed the Oudh Bar Association to file its affidavit within three days indicating its suggestion with regard to implementation of guidelines of Vishakha case and other statutory provisions.
The court said that the arrangement would be purely as an interim measure and shall be subject to final order passed in the writ petition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing