HC defers hearing in petition on UP minister`s foreign tour
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Friday fixed January 21 as the next date of hearing in a PIL on foreign tour of 17-member delegation including eight UP ministers.
The Lucknow division bench comprising Justices Imtiyaz Murtaza and D K Upadhyay fixed the date on a petition filed by social worker Nutan Thakur stating that if a minister goes on a foreign tour, his work should be alloted to a co-worker in his absence to avoid inconvenience to people.
The Uttar Pradesh government requested for another date for hearing in the petition, after which the court fixed it for January 21.
A 17-member commonwealth delegation including eight ministers, led by cabinet minister Azam Khan left for a 20-day tour of Turkey, Netherlands, UK, Greece and the UAE to study parliamentary techniques in other countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda