HC defers hearing in petition on UP minister`s foreign tour
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Friday fixed January 21 as the next date of hearing in a PIL on foreign tour of 17-member delegation including eight UP ministers.
The Lucknow division bench comprising Justices Imtiyaz Murtaza and D K Upadhyay fixed the date on a petition filed by social worker Nutan Thakur stating that if a minister goes on a foreign tour, his work should be alloted to a co-worker in his absence to avoid inconvenience to people.
The Uttar Pradesh government requested for another date for hearing in the petition, after which the court fixed it for January 21.
A 17-member commonwealth delegation including eight ministers, led by cabinet minister Azam Khan left for a 20-day tour of Turkey, Netherlands, UK, Greece and the UAE to study parliamentary techniques in other countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA