HC defers plea challenging bail to Rajesh Talwar
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Monday deferred the hearing to May 25 on a plea by CBI challenging the special CBI court`s order extending the bail of Rajesh Talwar in connection with the murder of his daughter Arushi and domestic help Hemraj.
Justice BK Narain deferred the hearing as notices issued earlier by the Court was not served on Rajesh.
On April 3, the Allahabad High Court had issued notice to Rajesh Talwar on the application filed by the CBI challenging the trial court`s decision dated March 14, 2012, whereby the bail of Talwar, who along with his wife Nupur is facing trial in the case, had been extended.
The probe agency`s contention was that the trial court had erred in "extending the bail granted to Talwar, treating it as a regular one though he had been granted only an interim bail (by the apex court) and was now required to obtain regular bail".
Issuing notice to Talwar, the court had then fixed May 7 as the next date of hearing in the matter.
In its closure report submitted before the Ghaziabad court last year, the CBI had not named the Talwars as an accused in the case.
However, the court had decided to go ahead with the trial observing that there was "enough evidence" against the dentist couple.
Nupur is currently lodged in Dasna jail of Ghaziabad after she denied bail by court.
Aarushi (14), was found dead inside her Noida residence in May, 2008 with her throat slit and the body of the Talwars` domestic servant Hemraj was recovered from the terrace hours later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city