HC defers plea challenging bail to Rajesh Talwar
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Monday deferred the hearing to May 25 on a plea by CBI challenging the special CBI court`s order extending the bail of Rajesh Talwar in connection with the murder of his daughter Arushi and domestic help Hemraj.
Justice BK Narain deferred the hearing as notices issued earlier by the Court was not served on Rajesh.
On April 3, the Allahabad High Court had issued notice to Rajesh Talwar on the application filed by the CBI challenging the trial court`s decision dated March 14, 2012, whereby the bail of Talwar, who along with his wife Nupur is facing trial in the case, had been extended.
The probe agency`s contention was that the trial court had erred in "extending the bail granted to Talwar, treating it as a regular one though he had been granted only an interim bail (by the apex court) and was now required to obtain regular bail".
Issuing notice to Talwar, the court had then fixed May 7 as the next date of hearing in the matter.
In its closure report submitted before the Ghaziabad court last year, the CBI had not named the Talwars as an accused in the case.
However, the court had decided to go ahead with the trial observing that there was "enough evidence" against the dentist couple.
Nupur is currently lodged in Dasna jail of Ghaziabad after she denied bail by court.
Aarushi (14), was found dead inside her Noida residence in May, 2008 with her throat slit and the body of the Talwars` domestic servant Hemraj was recovered from the terrace hours later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border