HC defers plea challenging bail to Rajesh Talwar
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Monday deferred the hearing to May 25 on a plea by CBI challenging the special CBI court`s order extending the bail of Rajesh Talwar in connection with the murder of his daughter Arushi and domestic help Hemraj.
Justice BK Narain deferred the hearing as notices issued earlier by the Court was not served on Rajesh.
On April 3, the Allahabad High Court had issued notice to Rajesh Talwar on the application filed by the CBI challenging the trial court`s decision dated March 14, 2012, whereby the bail of Talwar, who along with his wife Nupur is facing trial in the case, had been extended.
The probe agency`s contention was that the trial court had erred in "extending the bail granted to Talwar, treating it as a regular one though he had been granted only an interim bail (by the apex court) and was now required to obtain regular bail".
Issuing notice to Talwar, the court had then fixed May 7 as the next date of hearing in the matter.
In its closure report submitted before the Ghaziabad court last year, the CBI had not named the Talwars as an accused in the case.
However, the court had decided to go ahead with the trial observing that there was "enough evidence" against the dentist couple.
Nupur is currently lodged in Dasna jail of Ghaziabad after she denied bail by court.
Aarushi (14), was found dead inside her Noida residence in May, 2008 with her throat slit and the body of the Talwars` domestic servant Hemraj was recovered from the terrace hours later.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed