HC directs UP govt for quick disposal of gender based crimes
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court Wednesday directed the government counsel to seek instructions from it on a PIL seeking direction to take appropriate steps for quick disposal of cases related to crime against women pending in the various courts of Uttar Pradesh.
The order was passed by a division bench here of Justices Uma Nath Singh and Virendra Kumar Dixit on a PIL filed by Naitik Party through its counsel Chandra Bhushan Pandey.
The petitioner also sought direction to take immediate steps to provide safety and dignity to women in the light of the representation submitted by it with the government.
On behalf of the petitioner, the counsel Pandey argued that in the state large number of criminal cases relating to women, including that of rape, were pending in the courts and speedy disposal was not taking place.
Referring to Delhi gang-rape case, Pandey contended that there should be speedy disposal of cases relating to women to save and secure their dignity and honour.
On behalf of the government, Additional Advocate General Bulbul Godiyal sought time to seek instruction in the matter.
She informed the court that the government itself was serious in the matter and process was going on.
While granting time, the bench fixed January 15 as the next date of hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSER Rajasthan Board Class 12 (Arts) Examination Results 2016 to be declared soon on rajresults.nic.in and rajeduboard.nic.in
- IPL VIDEO: This is how Poonam Pandey showered love on RCB skipper Virat Kohli
- Nandita Das bats for rating system in certifying films
- This is how online companies may be cheating you on discounts!
- Bihar Board Intermediate Result: BSEB 12th Result 2016 to be declared shortly