HC dismisses SP MLA`s plea against arms license cancellation
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court
today dismissed a writ petition filed by SP MLA Vijai Mishra
challenging the decision of the authorities to cancel his arms
Mishra, who represents Gyanpur constituency, had
contended that there was danger to his life and the decision
to cancel his arms license was taken at the behest of a
Earlier, Sant Ravi Das Nagar Police had recommended
cancellation of license for a rifle and a pistol in his
possession as he was reportedly facing charges in about three
dozen criminal cases.
Following this, the District Magistrate had issued
notices to Mishra who had challenged the same in the court.
However, Justice Dilip Gupta dismissed the writ
petition, terming it as "premature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets