HC issues contempt notices to 26 advocates of Bareilly
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Friday issued contempt notices to 26 advocates practising in Bareilly who had allegedly raised slogans against the District Judge besides vandalising court premises during a protest demonstration last year.
A division bench headed by Justice Dharnidhar Jha also asked the lawyers to show cause as to why penal action should not be taken against them and they be not debarred from legal practise.
Passing the order on a reference made by District Judge, Bareilly who had complained about the lawyers` behaviour during a demonstration in November, 2012 when the lawyers were protesting the rejection of bail plea of a fellow legal practitioner who was named in a criminal case.
The court also issued notice to the District Bar Association of Bareilly and fixed April 14 as the next date of hearing in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror