HC issues contempt notices to 26 advocates of Bareilly
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Friday issued contempt notices to 26 advocates practising in Bareilly who had allegedly raised slogans against the District Judge besides vandalising court premises during a protest demonstration last year.
A division bench headed by Justice Dharnidhar Jha also asked the lawyers to show cause as to why penal action should not be taken against them and they be not debarred from legal practise.
Passing the order on a reference made by District Judge, Bareilly who had complained about the lawyers` behaviour during a demonstration in November, 2012 when the lawyers were protesting the rejection of bail plea of a fellow legal practitioner who was named in a criminal case.
The court also issued notice to the District Bar Association of Bareilly and fixed April 14 as the next date of hearing in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report