HC issues contempt notices to 26 advocates of Bareilly
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Friday issued contempt notices to 26 advocates practising in Bareilly who had allegedly raised slogans against the District Judge besides vandalising court premises during a protest demonstration last year.
A division bench headed by Justice Dharnidhar Jha also asked the lawyers to show cause as to why penal action should not be taken against them and they be not debarred from legal practise.
Passing the order on a reference made by District Judge, Bareilly who had complained about the lawyers` behaviour during a demonstration in November, 2012 when the lawyers were protesting the rejection of bail plea of a fellow legal practitioner who was named in a criminal case.
The court also issued notice to the District Bar Association of Bareilly and fixed April 14 as the next date of hearing in the matter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference