HC issues notice to Arvind Kejriwal on writ petition
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court Wednesday issued a notice to anti-corruption activist Arvind Kejriwal on a writ petition challenging the orders of lower courts in Bulandshahar district of Uttar Pradesh which had rejected his pleas for directing the local police to register an FIR against him for having made remarks allegedly defaming MPs.
The order was passed by Justice P K S Baghel on a writ petition filed by Jitendra Sandhu, a resident of Bulandshahar, who had filed an application before the Chief Judicial Magistrate of his district seeking directions to the police for lodging an FIR against Kejriwal.
After his plea was rejected by the CJM`s court, Sandhu had moved a revision application before the sessions court of Bulandshahar, which was also turned down.
Subsequently, Sandhu moved the High Court challenging the lower courts` orders.
While issuing the notice, the court, however, did not specify a date for further hearing.
Kejriwal was a key member of the now disbanded Team Anna.
His caustic remarks against Parliamentarians allegedly involved in corruption and criminal cases had drawn a lot of flak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum