HC issues notice to Arvind Kejriwal on writ petition
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court Wednesday issued a notice to anti-corruption activist Arvind Kejriwal on a writ petition challenging the orders of lower courts in Bulandshahar district of Uttar Pradesh which had rejected his pleas for directing the local police to register an FIR against him for having made remarks allegedly defaming MPs.
The order was passed by Justice P K S Baghel on a writ petition filed by Jitendra Sandhu, a resident of Bulandshahar, who had filed an application before the Chief Judicial Magistrate of his district seeking directions to the police for lodging an FIR against Kejriwal.
After his plea was rejected by the CJM`s court, Sandhu had moved a revision application before the sessions court of Bulandshahar, which was also turned down.
Subsequently, Sandhu moved the High Court challenging the lower courts` orders.
While issuing the notice, the court, however, did not specify a date for further hearing.
Kejriwal was a key member of the now disbanded Team Anna.
His caustic remarks against Parliamentarians allegedly involved in corruption and criminal cases had drawn a lot of flak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit