HC issues notice to UP NRHM
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Thursday
issued a notice to the Uttar Pradesh NRHM director on a PIL
challenging the alleged illegal and arbitrary attitude of the
state government in not submitting utilisation certificates to
the Centre which has resulted in non-release of further funds.
The petitioner prayed to the Lucknow bench comprising
Justices Abdul Mateen and Sunil Halithat that since the
authorities are not submitting utilisation certificates,
medicines under NRHM scheme are not being procured for the
PHCs of the state.
The PIL sought a direction for release of funds for
procurement of medicines and directing the state government
for completing all formalities for sanctioning of the grant
for the procurement under the scheme.
The mission director was directed to file any objection
within four weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking