HC issues notice to UP NRHM
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Thursday
issued a notice to the Uttar Pradesh NRHM director on a PIL
challenging the alleged illegal and arbitrary attitude of the
state government in not submitting utilisation certificates to
the Centre which has resulted in non-release of further funds.
The petitioner prayed to the Lucknow bench comprising
Justices Abdul Mateen and Sunil Halithat that since the
authorities are not submitting utilisation certificates,
medicines under NRHM scheme are not being procured for the
PHCs of the state.
The PIL sought a direction for release of funds for
procurement of medicines and directing the state government
for completing all formalities for sanctioning of the grant
for the procurement under the scheme.
The mission director was directed to file any objection
within four weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company