HC issues notice to UP NRHM
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Thursday
issued a notice to the Uttar Pradesh NRHM director on a PIL
challenging the alleged illegal and arbitrary attitude of the
state government in not submitting utilisation certificates to
the Centre which has resulted in non-release of further funds.
The petitioner prayed to the Lucknow bench comprising
Justices Abdul Mateen and Sunil Halithat that since the
authorities are not submitting utilisation certificates,
medicines under NRHM scheme are not being procured for the
PHCs of the state.
The PIL sought a direction for release of funds for
procurement of medicines and directing the state government
for completing all formalities for sanctioning of the grant
for the procurement under the scheme.
The mission director was directed to file any objection
within four weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir