HC issues notice to UP NRHM
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Thursday
issued a notice to the Uttar Pradesh NRHM director on a PIL
challenging the alleged illegal and arbitrary attitude of the
state government in not submitting utilisation certificates to
the Centre which has resulted in non-release of further funds.
The petitioner prayed to the Lucknow bench comprising
Justices Abdul Mateen and Sunil Halithat that since the
authorities are not submitting utilisation certificates,
medicines under NRHM scheme are not being procured for the
PHCs of the state.
The PIL sought a direction for release of funds for
procurement of medicines and directing the state government
for completing all formalities for sanctioning of the grant
for the procurement under the scheme.
The mission director was directed to file any objection
within four weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon