HC issues notice to UP NRHM
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Thursday
issued a notice to the Uttar Pradesh NRHM director on a PIL
challenging the alleged illegal and arbitrary attitude of the
state government in not submitting utilisation certificates to
the Centre which has resulted in non-release of further funds.
The petitioner prayed to the Lucknow bench comprising
Justices Abdul Mateen and Sunil Halithat that since the
authorities are not submitting utilisation certificates,
medicines under NRHM scheme are not being procured for the
PHCs of the state.
The PIL sought a direction for release of funds for
procurement of medicines and directing the state government
for completing all formalities for sanctioning of the grant
for the procurement under the scheme.
The mission director was directed to file any objection
within four weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Big Bash League: Melbourne Renegades may bring back Chris Gayle despite 'don't blush' furore
- Tiger Shroff, Shraddha Kapoor's 'Baaghi' crosses Rs 50 cr mark!
- Meaning, Rashi and Nakshatra of 10 unique baby boy names inspired by Lord Ganesha
- Sania Mirza's autobiography titled 'Ace Against Odds' to hit stands in July
- Volcanoes erupted beneath ice sheet on Mars billions of years ago