HC judge writes to civil aviation ministry, Air India
Allahabad: A judge of Allahabad High Court has written to the Union Civil Aviation ministry and Air India raising questions over the functioning of the state-run airline.
According to Justice Sudhir Agrawal, he faced a tough time recently after his luggage was not loaded on the plane by which he travelled from Mumbai to Lucknow.
In his letter sent to the Secretary of Civil Aviation department and the Chairman and Managing Director of Air India, contents of which were divulged to the media here today, Justice Agrawal has questioned the action of the airline which had caused much inconvenience to him and allegedly to other passengers who had boarded the Lucknow bound flight from Mumbai on November 28.
The passengers were told, upon reaching Lucknow, that their luggage could not be brought by the aircraft and the same would be made available to them by another plane.
Justice Agrawal had lodged an FIR with the Sarojini Nagar police station after which his luggage was made available to him within a few hours.
However, he refused to withdraw his complaint, alleging that many of his co-passengers had to wait for quite long before their luggage was made available to them.
In his latest missive, Justice Agrawal has asked "if passengers boarding the plane have got luggage within prescribed limit, can it be said that the total luggage received by the airline concerned was more than the storage capacity of the aircraft concerned? If not, why was luggage not booked in the same aircraft and who is responsible for the same?"
Justice Agrawal has sought to know whether it was a "regular feature" and if so, what inquiry or investigation has so far been conducted and action taken against those found responsible.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy
- Asha Kumari appointed AICC incharge of Punjab