HC rejects review petitions challenging Noida land acquisition
Allahabad: A full bench of the Allahabad High Court on Monday upheld its judgement which had quashed land acquisition in some villages of Gautam Buddh Nagar district in Uttar Pradesh for development of Noida, Greater Noida and Noida Extension and ordered greater compensation for landowners.
The Bench comprising Justice Ashok Bhushan, Justice SU Khan and Justice VK Shukla passed the order while turning down review petitions of Noida Authority and Greater Noida Authority and a number of farmers who were dissatisfied with the judgement delivered by a 3-judge bench on 21.10.2011.
The court was of the view that the relief sought by the petitioners could not be provided through a review petition though they were free to file an appeal in the Supreme Court challenging the High Court order.
The farmers had submitted that they wanted their land back instead of enhanced compensation as directed by the court and hence prayed that notifications whereby their land was acquired be set aside as was done in the case of those villages where possession of land was not effected and hence no development had taken place subsequent to the acquisition.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living