HC rejects review petitions challenging Noida land acquisition
Allahabad: A full bench of the Allahabad High Court on Monday upheld its judgement which had quashed land acquisition in some villages of Gautam Buddh Nagar district in Uttar Pradesh for development of Noida, Greater Noida and Noida Extension and ordered greater compensation for landowners.
The Bench comprising Justice Ashok Bhushan, Justice SU Khan and Justice VK Shukla passed the order while turning down review petitions of Noida Authority and Greater Noida Authority and a number of farmers who were dissatisfied with the judgement delivered by a 3-judge bench on 21.10.2011.
The court was of the view that the relief sought by the petitioners could not be provided through a review petition though they were free to file an appeal in the Supreme Court challenging the High Court order.
The farmers had submitted that they wanted their land back instead of enhanced compensation as directed by the court and hence prayed that notifications whereby their land was acquired be set aside as was done in the case of those villages where possession of land was not effected and hence no development had taken place subsequent to the acquisition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video