HC reserves judgement on petition seeking cancellation of Rajesh Talwar`s bail
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Tuesday reserved its judgement on a petition seeking cancellation of the bail granted to dentist Rajesh Talwar who is facing trial in the murder of his teenaged daughter Aarushi and their domestic help Hem Raj.
Justice Bala Krishna Narayan reserved his judgement on the petition filed by CBI after hearing arguments from both sides.
The probe agency has sought cancellation of the bail alleging that Talwar had been out by virtue of his interim bail being extended repeatedly though as per law extensions were to be granted only when a person was given regular bail.
Talwar and his wife Nupur have been named prime accused in the murder of Aarushi and Hemraj in Noida four years ago.
Nupur, also a dentist, is currently lodged inside a jail at Ghaziabad.
A special CBI court had in Ghaziabad last year decided to initiate criminal proceedings against the dentist couple notwithstanding the probe agency submitting a closure report wherein it had stated that there was not eneough evidence to prosecute any person in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing