HC reserves judgement on PIL challenging appointment of tainted bureaucrats to key posts in Noida
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Thursday reserved its judgement on a Public Interest Litigation challenging appointment of two tainted IAS officers of Uttar Pradesh cadre to key posts in Noida.
A division bench comprising Acting Chief Justice Amitava Lala and Justice Pradeep Kumar Singh Baghel reserved its judgement on the PIL challenging the appointment of Rakesh Bahadur and Sanjeev Saran as Chairman and CEO, respectively, of Noida.
The PIL has been filed by a social organisation Madhav Samaj Nirman Samiti which alleged that those IAS officers had been accused of facilitating sale of prime land in Noida to hoteliers at a throwaway price and misappropriating crores of rupees in the process during 2005-07 when SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav was the Chief Minister.
It has been further alleged that a case was registered against the IAS officers in 2009 by the subsequent Mayawati regime in the state and they remained under suspension for more than two years.
However, shortly after the Samajwadi Party returned to power following the assembly elections held this year and the SP supremo`s son Akhilesh Yadav became the Chief Minister, both the officers were appointed to the same posts which they held during Mulayam Singh Yadav`s tenure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow