HC reserves order on CBI probe into Bhatta-Parsaul
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court today
reserved its judgement on a bunch of petitions seeking a CBI
probe into the Bhatta Parsaul police firing case of Greater
Noida in which four persons, including two policemen, were
killed during a farmers` agitation against land acquisition.
A Division Bench comprising Justice Imityaz Murtaza and
Justice V K Dixit reserved its verdict, for pronouncement of
judgement in the second week of March, on petitions filed by
Atul Sharma and other residents of the village.
The verdict on the matter, which has led to intense
politicking in the last one year, is now likely to come after
the completion of the state assembly elections.
The state goes to polls next month and after a
seven-phase voting, counting of votes is scheduled to take
place on March six.
The petitioners had demanded a CBI inquiry into the
police firing incident of May 7, 2011 when a clash between the
agitating farmers and the administration had also left many
others, including the then District Magistrate of Gautam Buddh
Nagar, badly injured.
Violence had erupted in the village when a number of
policemen and administrative officials reached there and
demanded the release of state transport corporation personnel
allegedly being held hostage by the agitating farmers.
The episode had kicked off a major political storm in the
wake of Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi visiting the
village and alleging that some of the villagers had complained
to him that some of the protestors were burnt alive and women
were raped by the policemen.
An FIR was lodged against policemen and Provincial Armed
Constabulary personnel following a Noida court order to this
effect passed in November last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands