HC reserves order on contempt notice issued to CJM
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Thursday reserved its order on show cause contempt notice issued to Chief Judicial Magistrate of Allahabad for "wrongfully confining" a person whom she had declined to release despite his bail was accepted by the High Court.
Justice Dharnidhar Jha reserved order after CJM Preeti Srivastava deposed before the court and offered clarification with regard to her failure to release the petitioner Arif who had been granted bail by the High Court on January 13.
The show cause contempt notice was issued to the CJM on January 18 after submission of the petitioner`s counsel that the lower court had not released Arif but "asked this court to incorporate the Sections of offences after the case crime number which appears in that order".
The court had taken a strong note of the CJM`s action and remarked "subordinate judges are acting as if they were officers superior to the High Court".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees