HC reserves order on contempt notice issued to CJM
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Thursday reserved its order on show cause contempt notice issued to Chief Judicial Magistrate of Allahabad for "wrongfully confining" a person whom she had declined to release despite his bail was accepted by the High Court.
Justice Dharnidhar Jha reserved order after CJM Preeti Srivastava deposed before the court and offered clarification with regard to her failure to release the petitioner Arif who had been granted bail by the High Court on January 13.
The show cause contempt notice was issued to the CJM on January 18 after submission of the petitioner`s counsel that the lower court had not released Arif but "asked this court to incorporate the Sections of offences after the case crime number which appears in that order".
The court had taken a strong note of the CJM`s action and remarked "subordinate judges are acting as if they were officers superior to the High Court".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog