HC restrains UP govt from working on acquired land
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Tuesday, restrained the UP government from starting any development work on five hectares of land in a Greater Noida village, whose owners challenged the acquisition on the ground that they have not received any compensation for their houses built on the plot though two years have elapsed.
A division bench comprising justices Sunil Ambawani and Pankaj Mithal passed the order on a writ petition filed by Ram Singh and others and fixed September 27 as the next date of hearing, while asking the state government to file a counter affidavit.
The petitioners, all of them residents of Barandi Chakrasenpur village of Gautam Buddh Nagar, had moved the court challenging acquisition of 4.9 hectares of land by the state government wide notifications dated November 19, 2008 and March 23, 2009.
The petitioners had contended that their land, where they had built their houses and were now living, was acquired "without application of mind".
Moreover, the petitioners had alleged that the state government had invoked the urgency clause for acquiring the land, which had deprived them of an opportunity to file their objections and that till date, no compensation has been announced by the government.
Acquisition of land by invoking urgency clause, especially in the Gautam Buddh Nagar district, has been mired in controversies.
The High Court had earlier this year quashed the acquisition of more than 150 hectares in Shahberi village and the state government`s appeal challenging the acquisition was turned down by the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'