HC seeks reply from UPPSC on reservation to SCs in posts
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court has sought reply from UP Public Service Commission on a petition alleging that no seats have been reserved for the members of Scheduled Castes in an advertisement for more than 300 posts of Ayurvedic doctors.
A Division Bench comprising Justices Rajes Kumar and Manoj Misra Tuesday asked the UPPSC to file a counter-affidavit on the petition filed by one Jai Prakash.
The petitioner has claimed that an advertisement was put out by the UPPSC on August 24 "for 325 posts of Medical Officers in Uttar Pradesh Ayurvedic Chikitsa Sewa".
Prakash alleged,"No reservation has been given to the Scheduled Castes, which is in violation of Section 3(1) of Uttar Pradesh Public Services (Reservation for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes) Act, 1994".
Granting the respondents two weeks` time to file counter-affidavit, the court fixed October 1 as the next date of hearing in the matter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India