HC seeks reply from UPPSC on reservation to SCs in posts
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court has sought reply from UP Public Service Commission on a petition alleging that no seats have been reserved for the members of Scheduled Castes in an advertisement for more than 300 posts of Ayurvedic doctors.
A Division Bench comprising Justices Rajes Kumar and Manoj Misra Tuesday asked the UPPSC to file a counter-affidavit on the petition filed by one Jai Prakash.
The petitioner has claimed that an advertisement was put out by the UPPSC on August 24 "for 325 posts of Medical Officers in Uttar Pradesh Ayurvedic Chikitsa Sewa".
Prakash alleged,"No reservation has been given to the Scheduled Castes, which is in violation of Section 3(1) of Uttar Pradesh Public Services (Reservation for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes) Act, 1994".
Granting the respondents two weeks` time to file counter-affidavit, the court fixed October 1 as the next date of hearing in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- All Audi India models to get petrol engines by Q1 2017
- India vs West Indies, 1st T20I Preview: Two countries enter new world of cricket in United States
- IIT-Bombay has blacklisted these 9 companies from placements for one year
- US Open: Ramkumar Ramanathan falls in first round of qualifiers
- Gems, jewellery exports up about 12% in Apr-Jul FY17