HC seeks reply from UPPSC on reservation to SCs in posts
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court has sought reply from UP Public Service Commission on a petition alleging that no seats have been reserved for the members of Scheduled Castes in an advertisement for more than 300 posts of Ayurvedic doctors.
A Division Bench comprising Justices Rajes Kumar and Manoj Misra Tuesday asked the UPPSC to file a counter-affidavit on the petition filed by one Jai Prakash.
The petitioner has claimed that an advertisement was put out by the UPPSC on August 24 "for 325 posts of Medical Officers in Uttar Pradesh Ayurvedic Chikitsa Sewa".
Prakash alleged,"No reservation has been given to the Scheduled Castes, which is in violation of Section 3(1) of Uttar Pradesh Public Services (Reservation for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes) Act, 1994".
Granting the respondents two weeks` time to file counter-affidavit, the court fixed October 1 as the next date of hearing in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months