HC seeks reply from UPPSC on reservation to SCs in posts
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court has sought reply from UP Public Service Commission on a petition alleging that no seats have been reserved for the members of Scheduled Castes in an advertisement for more than 300 posts of Ayurvedic doctors.
A Division Bench comprising Justices Rajes Kumar and Manoj Misra Tuesday asked the UPPSC to file a counter-affidavit on the petition filed by one Jai Prakash.
The petitioner has claimed that an advertisement was put out by the UPPSC on August 24 "for 325 posts of Medical Officers in Uttar Pradesh Ayurvedic Chikitsa Sewa".
Prakash alleged,"No reservation has been given to the Scheduled Castes, which is in violation of Section 3(1) of Uttar Pradesh Public Services (Reservation for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes) Act, 1994".
Granting the respondents two weeks` time to file counter-affidavit, the court fixed October 1 as the next date of hearing in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS