HC seeks response from Centre, UP on alleged scam in PMGSY
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Friday sought replies from the Centre and UP government on a petition seeking direction for a CBI probe into alleged scam in the implementation of `Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojna` by Rural Engineering Department of the state.
A Division Bench comprising justices Abdul Mateen and Ashwini Kumar Singh gave the direction on a petition filed by an NGO, "We the people".
The petitioner, Prince Lenin, has said in the petition that CAG report has revealed a scam of about Rs 1,600 crore in the implementation PMGSY by the Rural Engineering department during 2007-2012.
The petitioner said that though the CAG report pertains to only some of the districts of UP, the irregularities could also have taken place in other districts as well therefore a CBI probe was required.
The court, after initial hearing on the petition, gave three weeks time to the Centre and state government to file their counter affidavits (replies) and thereafter rejoinder affidavits may be filed by the petitioner within two weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Unsure if monetary policy panel to set rates in August: Raghuram Rajan
- German Bakery blast: Maha Govt. challenges Bombay HC order in SC
- Chinese woman gives birth to a baby girl from embryo frozen 18 years ago
- Spirituality helps you transform into a better human – Here’s how
- Mumbai architect receives Rs 5 crore extortion call from gangster Ravi Pujari