HC seeks response from Centre, UP on alleged scam in PMGSY
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Friday sought replies from the Centre and UP government on a petition seeking direction for a CBI probe into alleged scam in the implementation of `Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojna` by Rural Engineering Department of the state.
A Division Bench comprising justices Abdul Mateen and Ashwini Kumar Singh gave the direction on a petition filed by an NGO, "We the people".
The petitioner, Prince Lenin, has said in the petition that CAG report has revealed a scam of about Rs 1,600 crore in the implementation PMGSY by the Rural Engineering department during 2007-2012.
The petitioner said that though the CAG report pertains to only some of the districts of UP, the irregularities could also have taken place in other districts as well therefore a CBI probe was required.
The court, after initial hearing on the petition, gave three weeks time to the Centre and state government to file their counter affidavits (replies) and thereafter rejoinder affidavits may be filed by the petitioner within two weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi