Headmaster shot dead in Gorakhpur
Gorakhpur (UP): The headmaster of a primary
school was allegedly shot dead at Udaipur crossing here by five motorcycle-borne men, police said today.
Omkar Yadav (50) who worked at a primary school of Surdapar village, was shot dead last night while he was on his way home.
The five men were riding on two motorbikes when they shot at Yadav and fled. He was rushed to a primary health centre from where he was referred to the Gorakhpur district hospital. He succumbed to his injuries while on way to the hospital, police said.
Meanwhile, the deceased`s father has lodged a complaint against Ashwini Pandey and three others, who were neighbours of the victim, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"